Monday, July 16, 2012

Heirlooms


I was raised by very wise females
That gave great advice about men
It just didn’t register way back then
It would have gotten me out of trouble and safe under the shade
But it’s ok… I learned from the mistakes that I made

My mom said you don’t need men to survive
You just need to embrace yourself and love every moment you’re alive
My loving aunt, her darling sister taught me to always have an ace
So when your man cheats on you...
You can leave and laugh in his face
My mentor who helped me realize my passions and what I want to be
Told me that men are just boys...
That have to be dealt with firmly

Then there’s my cousin...
My own personal psychologist
Who gave me the sacred rules of how I’m supposed to resist
Finally, my dearest grandma…
She always said to just collect and collect
Then when the time seems right, that’s when you select

How can I go wrong with the advice that they have given me?
It came from three generations of women...
That just want me to be happy

No comments:

Post a Comment