Monday, May 05, 2014

2014

I hit 2014 running. I'm still literally catching my breath. 
So much has happened in the past few months, still cannot believe its May. 

Looking back, I was able to tick off major items from my bucket list. 
I was able to climb Mount Pulag again and hold a very successful event at the summit. That will hopefully be my first and last event past 9,000 feet. 



From Summit to Sea... 
From more than 9,000 feet up in the air to 100 feet below sea level, my next adventure took me to the cold depths of Malapascua, off the Island of Cebu. 
My goal was to see the very elusive Thresher Shark native to the Island. 
We were not disappointed. We saw huge Thresher Sharks that seem to also know that we were watching them. They kept coming close to take a look at us. A mere rope separated the human and shark territory. It was an amazing experience. 



Kick starting the summer with the sisterhood of the travelling cousins... 
Off to another adventure with the sisters. Again visiting the Island of Boracay but with an entirely different jungle to explore. We were there to accompany the "Batch Bora" kids who just graduated from High School. My jaw dropped at what some of the kids are into these days. Reminded me of how innocent I was way back then.. Yeah right! 


Its been an awesome year so far. Looking forward to more traveling and pushing my limits. Planning on Sky Diving and Kite Boarding soon, and thats really pushing it, just the thought makes me want to hurl. I also seem to have accidentally fallen in love with climbing mountains, its the camping part thats a nightmare. Learning to bike again too, they say its "like riding a bike" but I never remembered the tires being so thin and wobbly. Oh well, you'll never know until you do it. 



2014, please don't go by too fast. Let me catch up first and enjoy every minute of every day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment