Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Quarter Life

It's already the end of the first quarter. Been so busy trying to catch my breath. 
Work has been hell'a crazy and I literally hit the ground running as soon as 2015 arrived. 
I'm not complaining at all, so grateful for the amazing opportunity to leave my legacy. 
I just need to stop, look, listen and take it all in. 

Taking a glimpse of the past few months, It's been quite busy. 
I've had so much learning events and second quarter will be even busier. 
Thats why I'm taking this time to reflect and write about it. 
This it the only way I know or route to take when life is passing by too fast. 

I saw a post earlier about an OPTIMIST. It says - An Optimist is someone who figures that taking a step backward after taking a step forward is not a disaster, It's more like a Cha Cha. 
Funny, but that's exactly what I needed to hear. 
I feel that I've been getting lost in trying to be the best at everything. 
Be the best Boss, Director, Daughter, Sister, Cousin, Friend, Aunt, Advocate, Coordinator, Trapeze Artist, Diver, fighter...
I'm losing who I am. That I don't have time to enjoy every minute of it. 

I'm also past my quarter life. At the crossroads of what I want to do and what I was brainwashed to do. 
I don't want to get married and I don't want kids. 
Don't get me wrong, I love kids but not my own. 
It may just be a phase but for now, this is who I am and I want to be. 
I love being free. I love being married to freedom. 

Imagine all this running around like a headless chicken and having responsibilities at home. 
Scary. Sometimes just the thought gives me goosebumps. Or hives. 
Stop, Look, Listen. Take it all in. 
Breathe In. Breathe Out. 
I'm so in love with life that I need to keep my head afloat before I drown in it. 
Living my crazy quarter life with all the passion and fire I could muster. 
Living la vida loca each day, every day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment