Monday, January 04, 2016

New Year. New Me.

A lot has changed in the past year. 2015 just sped by so fast, I can still barely catch up.
Writing always puts things in perspective especially with what I want to do with my life.
For 2016, I just want to LIVE... to love life to the fullest and to live each day like it was my last.
To make sure my family and friends know how much I love them...
And to just be genuinely happy.

Coming from almost 2 decades of long relationships that didn't last, I learned one important thing...
I am not looking for another half, a better or worse half, I am looking for another whole person.
I feel complete as I am and absolutely enjoying all the experiences...
the highs, the lows, the heartbreaks - everything that got me here, to my NOW.

Girls will always want to have fun and right now I seem to enjoy every single person I meet.
2015 brought me great bonds and relationships that fill my cup to the fullest.
Every aspect seems to be covered.
My Dad still treats me like a "successful" 18 year old.
Meaning, he is so proud of my achievements but at the same time showers me with so much love and affection, it will be extremely difficult to find someone that comes even close.

There has also been a shift with the level of understanding my brothers.
We've always been the 3 musketeers, 3 peas in a pod, but this new year opened a deeper closeness that only complete trust can form.
I also seem to keep falling in love, more and more each day, with the newest addition to the family -
My baby brother.
I feel complete. Content.

For this new year, I want to see things differently.
I want to touch people and leave them feeling better and happier then they were.
Life is too short to be sad or miserable.
Life is too damn short period.
If things don't work out, Let go. Move on. Better yet, be friends with the shadows of your life.
Love even the dark clouds and wait for the light to shine thru.

I'm really looking forward to the days I'm going to seize and own this 2016.
A lot has definitely changed the past year.
Biggest change was within me.

No comments:

Post a Comment